Join our team of volunteers
Did you know?
WBR admits over 2,000 birds each year! It takes 80 - 100 volunteers to keep our facility going strong. Caring for these animals is extremely rewarding. You can expect to learn, have fun, and - most importantly - make a difference!
There are many ways to help:
- Work directly with the birds - feeding and cleaning cages
- Aviary assistance and bird release
- Medical / ER assistance
- Phone and clerical support
- Clerical & front desk
- PR: fund raising, publicity, social media
- Grant writing
- Education/Outreach: open house, booths, etc.
- Building maintenance
No prior experience or specific bird knowledge is required. We have a great training program and will teach you what you need to know.