As a volunteer, you already know how much goes into caring for and releasing wild songbirds. Our biggest fundraiser of the year is our Trivia Night & Silent Auction. The success of the event is key to having money for bird care, and we need a lot of people to get the job done.
The fun part of having a lot of work to do is that there are many tasks to choose from. You can volunteer for the ones that you enjoy the most, and contribute as much or little as you have time for. Every bit helps! Some examples of tasks you can help with are:
1. Contacting businesses you patronize (your salon, favorite restaurant, etc) to request donated items for our silent auction
2. Promotion, including writing content for Facebook posts and more
3. Event management, like keeping track of who has bought tickets/tables
4. Driving around town to post flyers, deliver raffle tickets, pick up donated items, etc.
5. Writing trivia questions
6. Representing WBR at events and selling raffle tickets
7. Assembling gift baskets in November
8. Last but not least, working at the event, Saturday, Nov. 12 at Kirkwood Community Center
If you'd like to help out, please email, call or text Sarah Brewer. Monthly trivia meetings should begin in June. (Attendance isn't mandatory, but it's helpful and we have a good time.) Sarah - email@example.com and 314.775.6713