Get ready for baby season 2016 at Spring Tails! This festival-style event runs from 11am to 4pm, on Sunday April 10th at the Wildlife Rescue Center. Come learn about sharing your backyard with nature's families, meet domestic ducks and rabbits, and support the wild babies in care.
- Peek behind-the-scenes at of a wildlife rehabilitation operation
- Try your hand at crafts using garden-grown dyes and games all about wild moms
- Take a photo with the one-of-a-kind, naturally-inspired Ambassador Cottontail
- Participate in a Natural Treasures Hunt on our trail and follow clues to amazing nature finds
- Have an up close critter encounter with a professional pet rabbit and learn about proper care of ducks and chickens with the Longmeadow Rescue Ranch Barn Buddies
- Get the word on birds with educators from Wild Bird Rehabilitation and talk to volunteers and staff that care for orphaned and injured native wild animals
- Relax and grab a bite from Wayno's Mobile International Cuisine from 11am-1pm
The Wildlife Rescue Center treats over two thousand injured or orphaned wild animals every year. More than eighty percent of patients treated are admitted due to an incident that is directly or indirectly human-caused. Through nature inspired education programs, the Center promotes environmental awareness and encourages the protection of our delicate ecosystems.